HR’s Strategic Role in Team Building
Thursday 8:00 – 9:00 AM
Having strong team provides today’s organizations with a competitive advantage, and HR professionals are uniquely positioned to play a very active role in cultivating an organizational culture where teamwork is not only possible, but can thrive.
Developing an organizational culture designed to empower teams at all levels to become cohesive, functional and effective (all factors that impact bottom line success!) requires strategic thinking, planning and implementation from HR professionals.
Attend this informative session and discover best practices and practical strategies for the many ways HR can impact team development throughout every aspect of the organization.
From strategic planning through ongoing interventions and activities, HR plays a very direct, active and strategic role in the team building process. By implementing the best practices and practical strategies covered in this session, you’ll be on your way to expanding HR’s strategic impact on your organization and contributing to building a better workplace through stronger teams in a very real way.
- Serve as an effective an internal team development consultant to leaders, managers and employees across the organization
- Implement a strategic approach to staffing, succession planning and career development designed to maximize both team development and organizational performance
- Structure the onboarding process to maximize team effectiveness
- Ensure managers truly understand and are held accountable for their role in cultivating a culture of teamwork
- Diagnose/identify true team challenges to develop substantive, lasting change (rather than one-size-fits all team building efforts) consistent with business strategy
- Incorporate learning and development opportunities specific to team development into the organization’s talent development strategy
- Ensure all team building efforts are tied to and support business strategy as well as serve the interests of stakeholders
- Reinforce to organizational leaders how strong teams and organization wide team building efforts contribute to overall business strategy and bottom line success
Mary Gormandy White, M.A., SHRM-SCP, SPHR is managing director of MTI Business Solutions, a leading corporate training/talent development firm. She works with clients throughout the U.S, providing training and consulting services related to HR best practices, management, leadership, communication, team building, employee development, employee selection, Everything DiSC®, Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team, and more. She also teaches online HR certification exam prep classes for SHRM-CP/SCP, PHR/SPHR, and aPHR. Mary holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in Communication and is a frequent keynote speaker at conferences and association meetings.